The Apple Watch is an amazing piece of technology, and it’s capable of being so much more than just an iWatch. This list of 8 essential Apple Watch apps for everyday use will show you how to get more out of the computer on your wrist.
“Cheatsheet is for the little things you never remember: hotel rooms, license plates, luggage combination, ID numbers. Write them down in Cheatsheet and then refer to them anytime in the Today Widget or paste them anywhere with the Custom Keyboard. No more fumbling to unlock your phone and find your notes app; Cheatsheet is as easy as pulling down Notification Center, pulling up the keyboard, or glancing at your Apple Watch.”
“Why you’ll enjoy Viki:
NEARBY PLACES: Discover interesting Wikipedia articles about the area around your location. Or explore any other spot in the world. It’s fun with Viki’s unique map visualization.
SEARCH RESULTS: Viki is powered by both Wikipedia’s full-text and prefix search. Matches are displayed as rich article previews, tweaked for both legibility and high information density.
READING INTERFACE: We’re passionate about great typography! So it’s only natural that Viki’s layout is designed to make reading Wikipedia articles pleasant and efficient.
BOOKMARKS & HISTORY: Add bookmarks to the list of your favorite articles—with one tap. Viki also keeps track of your searches and articles and puts them in the History list automatically.”
“Just enter “Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday” and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in “todo buy milk at 5pm” and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
– See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
– Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen – just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
– Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)”
“Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information that you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or car-share with real-time transport info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
• Don’t miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like petrol stations and coffee spots”
“Just Press Record is a simple, professional audio recorder that instantly syncs your recordings across all your devices. Perfect for capturing ideas, thoughts and memos on the go.
It was chosen as iMore’s ‘Apple Watch app of the Year’ and has been featured in some great reviews online and in the press, including the New York Times.
Record with a single tap on your Apple Watch or iOS device and instantly play back high quality audio across all your devices, including your Mac.
The ideal tool for musicians, journalists, businesses, students, lecturers, audio professionals, podcasters or anyone who needs to capture audio at home, in the studio or on the move.”
“Meditation made simple. Guided meditations suitable for all levels from Headspace. Meditation can help improve your focus, exercise mindful awareness, relieve anxiety and reduce stress.
– Free access to Take10, the first level of our Foundation Course – learn the basics in 10 x 10 minute meditation exercises designed for beginners
– Personalised progress page to track your stats
– Buddy system for you and your friends to motivate each other on your Headspace Journey
– Rewards for regularly using our meditation app
– Reminders to keep you on track with your practice
– Options for you to continue your journey after Take10, with inspiring packs and one-off sessions on a range of topics such as stress relief, happiness, mental health and appreciation
– Ability to download sessions for offline use”
“ProCamera is an all-in-one app that features photo, video, and editing capabilities using state-of-the-art technology. It ushers in a new era of mobile photography and raises the bar for camera apps. ProCamera also shoots stunning HDR photos and sports an intuitive and elegant interface. Capture the moment!
Procamera also offers: tiff, rapid fire mode, anti shake, 3D tiltmeter, self timer and intervalometer, fast startup speed, volume trigger, histogram, realtime 6x digital zoom, distraction free fullscreen mode, gray card calibration, slow-motion video player, dedicated lightbox, manual, code scanner, exif/videometadata viewer, photo compass, and much more.”
“Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips. Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the free offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.”