Though a device like an iPad will likely not replace powerful desktop photo editing software, there are quite a few apps that can do a pretty darn good job of spiffing up photos on the fly. While editing on an iPhone can be more convenient, the iPad’s large screen allows you to see details you might otherwise miss. Check out these great apps for awesome photo edits! If you also have an iPhone, check out our list of great iPhone apps for taking photos and our list of iPhone apps for editing photos!
“Snapseed is the only photo app you’ll want to use every day. It makes any photograph extraordinary with a fun, high-quality photo experience right at your fingertips.
Anyone can enhance, transform, and share their photos with ease using incredibly advanced features from the leader in digital photography software. Built-in Google+ capabilities make it even more powerful to share your images with your friends and family.”
“Affinity Photo for iPad is a genuine desktop-grade, professional photo editing app. Completely reimagined for iPad with the same power as the desktop version and with complete file format compatibility, you can work across the same document wherever you are, without any compromise.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, the app harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
• SerifLabs RAW engine for better noise reduction, manual lens corrections and more cropping flexibility
• External display support with separate configuration options
Performance and power
• Live, real-time editing
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• PSD smart object support
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, PANTONE© and LAB colour spaces
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Save and import XMP files, batch files to tag images and edit metadata
• Create shortcuts using a keyboard attachment
• Isolate, edit and duplicate spare channels with a simple touch
• PDF passthrough
• Link layers to edit simultaneously”
“Pic Stitch is a feature rich collage maker that stitches photos together with over 300 collage layouts, 20+ filters packs, 10+ border packs, robust video editing tools and allows you to add music to your memories.
Pic Stitch packs a simple design with a powerful photo editor to give you everything you could want to make your pictures simply amazing. Use Pic Stitch to create a before-and-after sequence, combine great photos into a collage, or produce a photographic series. Quickly combine multiple photos and videos into one beautifully framed picture. Then share your masterpiece on your favorite social media networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Pic Stitch is known amongst the photography community as the ultimate photo editor with powerful collage making tools and templates. If you have ever wondered how social media influencers, bloggers or content creators combine several images into one glamorous frame, this is the secret tool they all use to make their photos pop!
– Explore iOS 14 Widget Wallpapers featuring your most recent collages
– Discover recent social media Trending Layouts
– Browse over 300 different layouts
– Works with photos and videos
– 15 different photo aspect ratios optimized for sharing (i.e. 9×16 format for social stories)
– Add music you own from Apple Music / iTunes
– Customize photo borders
– Easy to use UI
– Amazing photo FX filters
– Pan, rotate, flip, mirror and zoom
– Share to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more
– Save to your photo album
– High resolution export”
“Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a free, powerful photo editor and camera app that empowers your photography, helping you capture and edit stunning images.
Easy-to-use image editing tools like sliders and filters for pictures make photo editing simple. Retouch full-resolution photos, apply photo filters, or start photo editing wherever you are.
EDIT YOUR PHOTOS ANYWHERE
Transform raw photos with one of the world’s most intuitive photo editing apps. Tap and drag sliders to improve light and color, apply photo filters for pictures, and more. Breathe life into your photo editing with our leading photography tools.
Retouch light and color to make photos pop. Easy sliders let you control photo properties from your phone screen.
Crop and Rotate tools find the right size and aspect ratio to best show off your camera work.
Create clean shots with straight lines by adjusting the perspective with powerful upright, guided upright, and Geometry tools. Experiment and compare different photo versions without losing the original and pick your favorite look.
Access all your presets anywhere. Image edits on one device are automatically applied everywhere else.
EDIT THE FINE DETAILS
Finesse details with the advanced picture editor. Control images with selective adjustments. Remove almost anything with a touch of the Healing Brush. Local Hue Adjustments as part of selective edits let you alter hue and saturation with precision and elevate your photos. Advanced color grading lets you have more control over color editing and achieve stunning effects.
Import your own graphical watermarks and apply your personal touch.
Get inspired and learn to use the photo editor to its potential with easy, interactive tutorials from fellow photographers.”
“Darkroom is a premium photo & video editor that is easy to use by casual photographers, yet powerful enough for the pros.
** Winner of Apple Design Award in 2020 **
** Best of the App Store 2015 **
Available as a Universal app on iPhone, iPad, and macOS Big Sur with deep integration into all of the latest features.
UNIVERSAL & FREE PHOTO EDITOR
All the tools you need to bring your photos to life are Live Photos, RAW images, and Portrait images offered for free, available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!
VIDEO EDITOR (Darkroom+ Subscription)
Ridiculously fast and simple realtime color grading. All our filters and editing tools are video-compatible, including batch processing.
CURVES & SELECTIVE COLOR TOOLS (Darkroom+ Subscription)
This is the heart and soul of Darkroom: The most usable Curves and Selective Color tools on iOS. A dance of functionality, simplicity, and power.
PORTRAIT BLUR EDITING
Edit the foreground and background of your Portrait photos separately. Customize the blur in your Portrait photos, or the Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation of your foreground / background separately.
Edit RAW photos at their full resolution and the recover the full range of details in the shadows and highlights.”
“Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 14 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels”