Warmer weather brings out the truly ferocious tendencies of Mother Nature, including hurricanes and tornadoes. These iOS apps are a must for anyone and everyone, as severe weather can strike anywhere. Being prepared and warned can mean staying alive!
“Fast. Simple. Reliable. Hi-resolution. Predictive radar. Severe weather warnings. Snow/mixed precipitation display. Forecasts. As millions of our customers have discovered, NOAA RadarUS delivers everything you need in a app for viewing animated weather radar images.
Want more? Check out these unique features in our app:
• Choice of radar images with or without snow/freezing rain display
• Hourly predicted radar from NOAA weather models
• Choice of radar color schemes.
• Clutter control to suppress false radar echoes.
• Optional image smoothing that lets you either remove image pixellation or display the radar image as accurately as possible.
• Composite images of echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation.
Want the whole story? Here are all of the features:
• 7 day forecasts and current conditions — just press and hold for a second on the radar map.
• Severe weather (flash flood, tornado, and severe thunderstorm) warnings. Tap on a warning box to display the full warning message from the National Weather Service. Note: these are *not* push alerts. The app must be open to view the warnings.
• Cloud cover and satellite imagery for the continental United States.
• Advanced radar layers (echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation).
• Play, pause, and step animations.
• Fast zoom in and zoom out.
• Choice of radar palettes.
• Multiple map styles (terrain, map, satellite, and hybrid).
• Displays time of radar image either as absolute time or relative to the current time.
• GPS locator that finds and displays your current location.
• Adjust the transparency (opacity) of the radar or cloud cover overlays.
• Automatic refresh when new radar or cloud cover data is available.
• Set your location by zip code, city name, or address.
• Legend for radar and cloud cover overlays.
• Saves and restores your last location and zoom level.”
“Ready for the 2020 Hurricane Season! Fully compatible with iOS 13 and the latest Apple devices. The most comprehensive tracker available!
8 years of tracking storms on iOS! Hurricane Tracker launched in Aug 2009!
Reviewed by CNN as the best Hurricane Tracking app available for iPhone GOOGLE: “cnn top hurricane app” to read the article!
Hurricane Tracker is the most used & most comprehensive tracking app available on any platform. What makes Hurricane Tracker different from the others in the App Store:
• Receive push alerts (by region) when a new storm forms or threatens landfall. Also access to push alert history
• Set Atlantic or Eastern Pacific Basin as your default
• 65+ maps/images
• In-depth written discussions and analysis from our team
• Real time National Hurricane Center Updates (All NHC advisories & maps)
• Audio tropical updates
• Storm video updates
• Custom graphics from our team of experts. Exclusive “Alert Level” & “Long Range Potential” maps. Not just basic NHC info
• Share information easily with friends/family via email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
• Super detailed tropical wave/invest information
• Dozens of satellites
• Simple design with sliding icon doc
• In-App video tutorial so you can track like a pro
• Much, much more!”
“Lightning strikes the earth around 100 times per second. Are you sure that the tornado sirens in your area will be in working order when the time comes? Stay safe with TornadoSpy+ featuring AccuSpy™ technology that gives you the power to report and view official and user spotted tornadoes or hail instantly. It contains U.S. animated radar maps, push alerts, overlayed maps, warnings, tornado forecast maps, and radar snapshots of tornado sighting areas.
– Featured in the Joplin Globe on 5/20/12
– Featured on the front page of USAToday on 5/31/11
– Featured in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on 6/16/11
– Over 150,000 confirmed alerts sent out
– Over 130,000 TornadoSpy spotters in addition to professional spotters from the national weather service.
On 5/10/10, a user spotted the Oklahoma City tornado 20 MINUTES before the NOAA report, which gave other users valuable lead time to escape the storm. This is a frequent occurrence since user reports are submitted and viewable immediately.
Sightings are filtered through state-of-the art AccuSpy™ technology to prevent false alerts and only send you the most accurate sightings.”
“Listen to live NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards Broadcasts. Get the latest Warnings, Watches, Advisories, Forecasts and other hazards 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Exclusive Feature: Rewind and Replay Live NOAA broadcasts so you never miss a life saving alert!
NOAA Weather Radio is a PREMIUM NOAA WEATHER application to listen to over 200+ NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards Broadcasts. Get the latest Warnings, Watches, Advisories and Forecasts and other hazards 24 hours a day 7 days a week straight from the National Weather Service.
In addition NOAA Weather Radio can ALERT you to potentially life threatening weather via audible push notifications directly to your device 24/7 even if your not currently using the application and your device is asleep and locked. Also you will be able to retrieve the current conditions along with a detailed 4 day forecast for the weather station your listening to or you can get current conditions along with a detailed 4 day forecast based on your current location via GPS or Wifi. This is an amazing application and is available at the fraction of the cost of a real weather radio!
NOAA Weather Radio a high quality app that gives you:
* Flawless Streaming of NOAA Broadcasts
* Life Saving Push Weather Alerts
* Weather Temperatures & Forecasts
* Animated 5x Zoomable Radar w/Warnings
* Tons of Weather Data from the NWS
* Lightning Detection
* Instant Customer Support
* and much more…”
“Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts’ sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down.
• Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions”