Technology is fantastic, but it’s so easy to lose touch with the “simple things” nowadays. Writing in a journal used to be a daily ritual for me, from pages and pages of thoughts to simple notes. Though Facebook statuses and tweets might seem sufficient, sometimes you need a safe and comfortable place to “let it out”. Here are some of the best iPhone apps for journaling.
“Apple’s App of the Year with over 15 million downloads and 50,000 5-star reviews globally. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
Keeping a journal is an act of love. It makes you aware of your surroundings, cognizant of your actions, and open to adapting to all the changes around you.
Day One is the journal that redefines journaling. Discover how Day One lets you to capture life as you live it:
==PRIVATE AND SECURE==
* Automatic backups to our private servers (Premium)
* Privacy protected with industry leading end-to-end encryption
* Secured with passcode or biometrics
* Export options to ensure your entries always stay yours
==WHEREVER YOU NEED IT==
* In your pocket or on your wrist with iPhone and Apple Watch
* Mac or iPad for long-form writing
* Text message or email straight to your journal
* Safari browser extension to save websites in a click
==BUILT FOR REMINISCING==
* On This Day highlights past memories
* Tags, favorites, and search filters
* Map view to plot your travel
* High quality printed books to flip through
* Integrates with the Health app to track mindfulness minutes
==TYPE LESS, PRESERVE MORE==
* Time, date, weather, step count, added to every entry
* Customizable templates
* IFTTT applets to automatically import from Spotify, YouTube, Strava, Fitbit, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
* Siri Shortcuts to automate more of your journaling
* Share from Apple Photos, Safari, and other apps
==KEEP THE HABIT==
* Reminders through text message or system notification
* Daily journal prompts
* Streaks and calendar view to keep your momentum going
* Today summary to see where you’ve been and what you’ve done
* Instagram, podcast, blog, and Facebook community for inspiration”
“Introducing Momento — the smart private diary/journal app that helps you capture and collect memories to search, explore, relive and share your life story.
Momento not only helps you privately capture moments in just a few taps (with notes, photos, videos, people, places and tags) but it also automatically collects your daily activities, posts and photos from the social networks, apps and devices you use everyday!
Each and every moment is automatically organised and crafted into a beautiful private journal that chronicles your life story and stays up to date effortlessly.
Momento is perfectly suited for all types of journal (such as personal, professional, study, travel, pregnancy, dream and health). Keeping a journal can also have profound benefits for mental health, memory and creativity.
QUICK AND EASY CAPTURE
• Write notes and add photos and videos
• Add people, places and tags for context
• Custom reminders encourage capture
• Import your digital history from social networks and apps
• Posts, tweets, check-ins, photos, videos and activities
• Stays up to date effortlessly
SEARCH AND EXPLORE
• Powerful search and explore (keyword, people, places, tags)
• Group and bookmark moments with ‘Events’
• Navigate by calendar or day, month and year timelines”
“Don’t let your mood affect your life. Take control over it!
Meet Moodnotes – a super easy mood tracker & journaling app to capture your mood and help you improve your thinking habits. Moodnotes empowers you to track your mood over time, avoid common thinking traps, and develop perspectives associated with increased happiness and well-being.
Created by design experts and clinical psychologists (creators of MoodKit), Moodnotes is grounded in the scientifically-supported content of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and positive psychology. Includes Apple Watch app and iCloud sync/backup.
Moodnotes helps you to:
– Track your mood and identify what triggers it
– Scan your face automatically using device camera
– Keep your memories with photos or pictures
– Read self-awareness articles written by mental health experts
– Develop healthier thinking habits
– Learn about “traps” in your thinking and how to avoid them
– Reduce anxiety and enhance your sense of well-being
– Bring new, helpful perspectives to situations
– Increase your self-awareness”
“Reflectly is the #1 journaling app that’s like your best friend. Vent your thoughts & feelings to improve your mood and practice mindfulness. Write down how you feel each day in your own mood diary. It’s the world’s first intelligent journal app & mood tracker that gives you personalized motivation and prompts the more you use it.
How you’re feeling on a daily basis matters. Reflectly is a personal journal driven by AI to help you deal with negative thoughts and increase positivity.
Be prepared for stress relief, reducing anxiety & depression in your life. Your self-care and mental health should always be a priority.
Reflectly uses positive psychology, mindfulness, and cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) to help you thrive. It gives you the tools and mindset to build a positive cycle with our habit tracker. Fancy a bit of self-dating? Reflectly supports your self-love journey.
Never journaled before? No need to worry, our intelligent journal system gives you personalized prompts and reminders. If you want to build a health-focused lifestyle, increase motivation & gratitude, practice mindfulness, or combat anxiety, our personalized questions encourage deeper reflection.
RECOMMENDED BY PROFESSIONALS
Journaling is a respected method to improve your mood, productivity, and mental health. Psychologists, therapists, and industry experts reaffirm this. It’s time to invest in your self-care routine.”
“If you want to build a healthier and more mindful lifestyle, are facing a difficult or stressful time, want to address any negativity or anxiety in your life, or just want to feel focused and in control: Jour is here to help.
And there’s no need to fear the blank page! With interactive guides tailored to improve confidence, gratitude, and focus or address anxiety, loneliness, and goal-setting, Jour makes the benefits of a journaling practice easy and accessible.
Plus everything you enter in Jour is protected for your eyes only, always. All entries are automatically encrypted and each user can set their own encryption key, for maximum security. We do not sell user data or run ads.
RECOMMENDED BY EXPERTS
Journaling is like yoga for the mind. It’s a healthy, mindful practice, recommended by therapists, psychologists, and leading professionals (like Oprah Winfrey and Tim Ferriss) to improve mood, health, and productivity.
Through it’s guided structure, Jour makes practices used by therapists and CBT experts accessible and interactive. Plus, studies have found that journaling can improve physical and mental health and make you 42% more likely to achieve your goals.
CREATE A PERSONALIZED PRACTICE
Discover quick, daily questions tailored to you, your day, and your mood. Get ready for sleep before bed or for your day ahead in the morning. Or focus on a specific area for growth with a themed, immersive guide.”
“Life Cycle automatically keeps track of your time and presents your life sorted into slices. It shows you your daily activities, places you go, and who you spend time with. Life Cycle weekly journal provides personalized insights and clarity to your week passed. Start each week with a look back. Remember where you’ve been and vision where you’re going.
Whether you’re just curious of how your time is spent or looking to make a change, Life Cycle is your daily companion, providing you with all the information and insights you need. What’s more – it uses only 1% of your phone’s battery while it seamlessly does the work.
• Automatic – Life Cycle works in the background, recording and sorting what you do as you go about your daily business.
• Less than 1% battery – Life Cycle uses less than 1% of your battery per day as it runs in the background.
• Weekly journal – Weekly insight to activities, accompanied by photos tied to moments passed.
• From a day to a year – view your life day by day, week by week, month by month or even year by year.
• Apple Health – Fully integrated. Imports all activities, mindfulness and sleep data.
• Friends – Connect with your friends on Facebook and see who you’re spending time with, what you’re doing and where.
• Sleep Cycle connection – For accurate sleep data, connect with Sleep Cycle alarm clock through Apple Health. (Life Cycle only reads data from Health, it does not share any data. It reads Sleep Analysis and Steps data.)”